Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Offseason shocker

Okay. I did NOT see this coming. Lots of bachelors just got their hearts broken, I'm sure. Sorry, Mike!

Ex-Tide QB jay Barker and Country Superstar Sara Evans to Wed

Country music star Sara Evans is engaged to marry former Crimson Tide quarterback Jay Barker, People.com reported Monday.
Evans, 37, filed for divorce from former political candidate Craig Schelske in 2006 while she was a contestant on Dancing with the Stars. A bitter and widely-publicized divorce was finalized in September 2007.

Barker, 35, who hosts The Morning Drive radio show on WJOX-FM, led Alabama to a national championship in 1992. On this morning’s The Morning Drive, Barker and Evans discussed a summer wedding date.

Evans also spoke of moving to Birmingham to be with Barker. “I love Birmingham and I want to move there,” Evans said. “Every time I come there, it’s just, the people are so friendly…. It’s a great city. I can’t wait to be there and I can’t wait to put myself into Jay’s world and Jay’s life.”


Paul Finebaum has blessed the union, so it must be okay, right? He says. "She's got a number-one hit on her hands if someone can write a song about their love story."

1 comment:

Mike Wilhelm said...

That was a shocker. Man, If she had only met me, everything would have been different! I guess she left the suds in the bucket and the clothes hanging out on the line..... Sorry...